1. Amy Winehouse- She is there when I wake up, through the entire day and when I fall asleep at night. I can’t get enough of her posthumous album. My go to’s are: Valerie(the original version), Half Time, Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow, Like Smoke (with Nas), Body and Soul, and I Wake Up Alone.
2. Alice Walker- I have read four books by her in the past three months. I am expecting the fifth one from a friend who is coming back from the U.S in two days time. Her writing makes me want to leave everything I know to be a full time activist/advocate. I have to remind myself to take it a step at a time. She has become one of my heroes.
3. 22- I turned twenty two last month. Not a lot has changed since then, I still get the feeling that I am younger even though the feeling that I am older is dominant.
4. Fela- His entire discography has been on my laptop since February but I just started listening to it. I am falling more in love with him. He has a similar effect that Walker has on me.
5. Bisi Alimi- Do a Google search on him.
6. Masa- It’s this local snack that’s made from rice or corn flour. I think I had it for dinner everday last week or two weeks ago. I am that hooked.
7. Good Girl- Carrie Underwood’s new single. You should listen to it